|PT/FTE||Full-time post available|
|Job Category||Optical Assistant/ Dispensing Optician|
|Salary||(40 hours) Depends on experience/post|
Are you passionate about exceptional service and clinical care for a loyal local community?
Mackey Opticians are looking for a full Optical Assistant or Dispensing Optician for our busy practice in Bangor starting immediately.
Belfast based Mackey Opticians is a family run, Optometrist led, group with thirteen practices throughout Northern Ireland. We stock the most amazing unique designer eyewear as well as the hottest brands on the high street. We invest in the best clinical equipment including the latest OCT scanners and we provide advanced eye care therapies including ortho-keratology (a non surgical alternative to laser surgery). This year we have established a Hearing Centre in Belfast, which also provides a visiting service to our other practices.
Contract: 40 hours per week
Benefits: wage depending on skills and experience, 28 days annual leave (including statutory days, rising to 33 days after five years), staff discount and bonus (following completion of probation period), and training.
Location: Mainly based in Bangor but may work at some of our other practices in Newtownards, Holywood and Belfast.
The Optical Assistant/ Dispensing Optician will be responsible for providing the highest level of service to the customer. They will also demonstrate commercial awareness helping to meet practice performance and dispensing targets. Dispensing Opticians will have some managerial duties to do as well.
It is essential that applicants have prior experience in a similar role, experience in maintaining excellent standards and service levels in high footfall environments is essential to being successful in this role.
As an ambassador for Mackey Opticians, the successful candidate will be well presented and have a customer – focused, can do attitude.
The position will include, but will not be limited to the following duties:
- Helping the Managing Optometrist to run day to day clinics, achieve practice testing and sales
- Customer service; create an engaging environment for customers, provide exemplary service, manage complaints and process all customer orders and returns
- Stock and cost control; implement and maintain best practice in maintaining the frame display and merchandise stock, manage stock inventory and orders, conduct regular stock takes and minimise loss
- Help customers select suitable eyewear and accurately dispense single vision, bifocal and varifocal lenses
- Perform contact lens teaches (training will be provided)
- Perform general reception duties, answer telephone, book appointments and take payment
- Take active steps to increase business
- Ensure store is presented cleanly and displayed well
- Carry out administration tasks (including use of the computerised practice management system) as and when needed
- People management and training; attend practice and Head Office training to develop your clinical and dispensing skills as necessary.
- Banking responsibilities; reconcile daily sales and lodge cash takings at the bank,
- Promoting the Company values to patients and colleagues by setting a good example
- Visual Merchandising; ensure all VM guidelines and training is adhered and ensure standards are immaculate at all times
Criteria/ Experience/ Personal attributes
- Recent experience in a luxury retail environment and/or experience in a clinical or customer care environment.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn from Managing Optometrist and sales reps
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Passionate about eyewear and customer service
- Understanding of store targets and the drivers behind them
- Good selling skills
- Sound judgement with confident decision-making
- Ability to implement procedural change
- Ability to be work with a team giving feedback effectively, honestly and constructively
- Ability to adapt to frequent improvement in technology and products
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office packages and EPOS systems
- Must be helpful and polite
- Well presented with a positive, pro-active and professional approach
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- High levels of accuracy and use of grammar
If you fit all of the above criteria and have strong experience in a similar position, we would love to hear from you.
Please upload your CV and we will be in touch.
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
CLOSING DATE: 14th April 2019